The beginnings of an elite-level CrossFit athlete that makes it onto the competition floor at the CrossFit games sounds an awful lot like how CrossFit starts for many of us. But competitors like Colleen McQuaid have a different kind of spark, a more powerful engine and a dedication that separates them from the pack. Fresh off her impressive debut at the 2018 CrossFit Games in the Masters Women 35-39 age group competition, I speak with Colleen about how she got hooked on the sport, how her professional life as a physiotherapist helps inform her training, and how her family has supported her along the way as dreams became reality.
- Recap of Battle of the Basin CrossFit Competition
- 2018 CrossFit Christmas Wish List
- BoxJumper Podcast 10: 100 pounds lost with CrossFit and the Ideal Protein diet, with Gareth Stephenson and Monica Miller
- Talking About Weight Loss, Fitness and Lifestyle Changes on Global News Morning
- BoxJumper Podcast 09: Food for Everyday Life and Fitness, with Registered Dietician Laurie Barker Jackman